Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Recruitment for Data Encoders Starts

Some 1,500 Pangasinenses are sure to have jobs this summer as the Provincial Employment Service Office (PESO) started today, April 12, the processing of papers for data encoders in coordination with VAKRANGEE E-SOLUTIONS, Inc.

PESO Chief Alex F. Ferrer said the job openings are available for high school graduates, college undergraduates and vocational course graduates both male and female of at least 18 years of age.

“This is just in time for vacation being the peak period for jobseekers,” Ferrer said, adding that most graduates seek jobs right after graduation. “Ang maganda dito, mabibigyan ng chance ang mga kabataan na magkaroon ng trabaho especially mga high school graduates, magandang opportunity ito sa kanila,” he disclosed.

Applicants will undergo a written test and upon passing, they will immediately be given a speed test for further screening. Hired applicants will be notified thru text message or call from the PESO.

“Those who will be hired will report to Pangasinan State University (PSU) in Bayambang to assist in the Land Title Computerization Project of LARTES-LRA,” Ferrer noted as he further said that this will serve as a good opportunity for the youth to become independent and be self-sufficient.

He also said that his office will conduct special recruitments until the election period and will proceed with the regular jobs fair right after to cater to more jobless Pangasinenses province-wide.

Meanwhile, Ferrer said that in line with the provincial government’s thrust to provide employment opportunities to Pangasinenses, 50 poor but deserving students will be given summer job under the Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) from April 19 to May 14.

The 50 students will be deployed in the provincial hospital, district hospitals and the Lingayen beachfront area to help maintain cleanliness and orderliness in the said places for a period of 20 days.

As called for by the SPES law, the provincial government shoulders 60 percent of the accepted minimum wage of the students which is equivalent to the daily rate of casual employee while the Department of Labor and Employment shoulders the remaining 40 percent.

The objective of the SPES, Ferrer said, is to develop the intellectual capacities of the youth as well as to assist the indigent youths pursue education through employment during school breaks.

For more details contact Mr. Benny Gubatan at telephone nos. 542-6211 or 542-4252. (PIO/Ruby R. Bernardino)

No comments:

Post a Comment